GP40 DCC Sound Value Equipped Diesel Locomotive - NORFOLK SOUTHERN #3057 - N Scale
Constructed between 1965 and 1971, the four-axle GP40 was one of the earliest EMD locomotives from the Second Generation era, and remarkably, it continues to be found in operation today. Built to replace the previously offered GP35 series, the GP40 was designed with versatility in mind, being equally efficient at yard work, industrial operations, and light road duties. A staggering 1,221 units were produced for railroads across the United States, Canada, and Mexico, using mostly standardized components (for ease of maintenance) unless directed otherwise by the purchaser. Bachmann’s N scale Sound Value model is SoundTraxx Econami™ equipped. Factory-set for GP40 realism, the diesel package offers a choice of 5 prime movers, 16 airhorns, multiple variations of 7 bell types, 2 air compressors, and 3 couplers plus a function-activated grade-crossing signal—all in 16-bit polyphonic sound. Econami™ includes adjustable auto-notching sensitivity for prototypical operation, adjustable master volume and individual sound effect volume levels, advanced consisting, and more. Features include; DCC sound-equipped with Econami™ Sound Value package, dual-mode NMRA-compliant decoder, directional headlights with Rule 17 dimming, precision motor, flywheel, die-cast frame, fine-scale handrails, E-Z Mate® Mark II couplers, front and rear.
- Factory installed DCC Sound Decoder for GP40 realism, sounds include; a choice of 5 prime movers, 16 airhorns, multiple variations of 7 bell types, 2 air compressors, and 3 couplers plus a function-activated grade-crossing signal
- DCC sound-equipped with Econami decoder, dual-mode NMRA-compliant decoder, directional dimming headlights, with Rule 17 dimming
- Precision motor, flywheel, die-cast frame, fine-scale handrails, E-Z Mate Mark II couplers, front and rear
- Preforms best on 11.25” radius curves of greater.
- N scale 1: 160
- Product Measurements: L 4.75 in., W 0.75 in., H 1.2 in.
- Retail Package Measurements: L 6.4 in., W 1.3 in., H 2.5 in.
- UPC: 022899663555