A Big Step on the Path to Greatness
With a highly complex P&W R-2800 engine generating 2,000hp, a 4-meter propeller and striking gull wings, the Corsair was certainly a memorable aircraft; it was effective, too, and was one of the mainstays of the U.S. Navy. The F4U-1A variant was assigned to units from Summer 1943, and featured upgrades such as a semi-bubble canopy (to improve previously limited visibility), plus the ability to carry bombs of up to 1,000lb. It saw a large amount of action in fighting with the Japanese Navy around the Solomon Islands; the Corsair continued to serve through the Korean War in the guise of further variants, the bomber capability pioneered by the F4U-1A proving a most effective addition to the aircraft's inherent ability.
- This is a 1/32 scale plastic model assembly kit of the F4U-1A Corsair.
- Fuselage length: 318mm, wingspan: 390mm.
- Features specific to the F4U-1A such as the semi-bubble canopy, starboard leading edge spoiler and extended tail wheel strut are captured with accuracy.
- The model accurately reflects the new F4U-1A seat position and accompanying changes in the cockpit.
- Assemble with flaps and elevators in up or down position as per your preference.
- 2-piece engine cowling can be removed after assembly to allow appreciation of the breathtaking engine recreation.
- Aircraft can be assembled in parked or airborne state.
- 3 included marking options recreate U.S. Navy and U.S. Marine Corps units.